Are you dedicated towards a social cause? Is there a problem troubling the society you have a solution to?
E-Cell, IIT Kanpur presents the Social Pilot- a platform aimed to encourage young leaders willing to find a sustainable solution to a social problem and hone their entrepreneurial skills. Present your solution to our panel of judges and get a chance to win 20k. Remember it is not about the profits; it is about the social impact.
Participating teams will need to fill up this form detailing the abstract of their idea/project. Online submission of the form must be done by 15th August. Shortlisting for the next round will be done on the basis of this response
Shortlisted participants will have to make a presentation of their abstract at E-Summit'16 where their performance will be judged by our panel of judges. This shall take place on 27th August at IIT Kanpur
For Final Round:
- The participants will make a presentation summarizing their idea and business plan along the same lines as in their abstract
- Each presentations will last around 10-12 minutes and will comprise of a pitch followed by a Q & A round.
- Each team shall be allotted 500 seconds to make the pitch.
- 3-5 minutes are reserved to answer the questions raised by the judges, if any.
Register by clicking here.
Guidelines for Solution:
- Abstract submission is to be completed by filling the form linked above and below.
- Follow the guidelines detailed in the form, but remember there is no such thing as too much information
- Filling of the above form counts as the Registration for Social Pilot. You must separately register for eSummit 16 first, if you have not yet done so.
We encourage teams who work selflessly, thus this competition is only for those working nonprofit.
Teams should have a basic structure and business plan in place.
Working model of the solution should be present.
The prize money comprises of 30K will be awarded to the winners as follows.
- 1st Prize: 20,000 INR
- 2nd Prize: 10,000 INR
Rules and Regulations
- A team of max 5 members is allowed.
- All interpretations of these rules and decisions of the judging panel and organising team in all matters related to Social Pilot are final. The judging panel and organising team reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find or believe that participants have:
- Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the competition,
- Violated these rules, or
- Plagiarised the idea or some parts of it.
- Under all circumstances, the decision of the judging committee will be final
div class="col-md-offset-4 col-md-4 overflowed register_pay_button">